FTI FASTIncremental is a user-friendly, 3D explicit incremental analysis solution that provides a complete virtual die development and try-out for tool and die makers.
FTI FASTIncremental provides a detailed solution for validating tooling designs and process parameters prior to cutting dies. It requires no simulation background and offers many advanced features such as automatic blank shape and trim line development, automatic process setup, gravity loading, and binder simulation.
FTI FASTIncremental utilizes both Hexagon’s Dytran non-linear, transient dynamic, 3D explicit solver and Hexagon’s Coupled Hybrid Inverse (CHI) solver for fast accurate results. It enables engineers to accurately predict the stresses and deformations experienced by the metal, determines if the metal will fail, eliminates formability guess work, and results in substantial reduction in die tryout time and rework.
It accurately identifies safety zone, FLD, material thinning, gathering conditions, major/minor strain, springback and provides compensation data.
Blank Size can be determined from part geometry or iterated to using an embedded optimization loop.
- Hexagon’s Dytran 3D explicit solver for efficient and precise formability simulation results
- Extensive material modeling capabilities including directional anisotropy and a large database of material types and grades
- Support for single- and multi-pass forming operations
- Automatic positioning and punch stroke evaluation for faster and easier model setup
- Gravity and binder closing simulation to validate binder designs and anticipate binder wrap issues
- Comprehensive and flexible analytical forming conditions including pressure pads, blankholder force, drawbeads, pilot holes, constraints, symmetry, etc.
- Complete panel breakdown results to track the development of formability issues
- True, physical wrinkle visualization
- Dedicated implicit springback solver for accurate springback prediction after forming and springback compensation data for export to CAD
- Hexagon’s proprietary Coupled Hybrid Inverse (CHI) solver for accurate blank shape development.
- Knowledge-based templates for standardizing simulation parameters
- Automated PowerPoint, Excel, and HTML Reporting to summarize product and tool design issues