COSTOPTIMIZER® Professional For Line Dies
Cost Engineering, Material Utilization And Process Planning For Progressive And Line Dies
COSTOPTIMIZER® PROFESSIONAL is a software solution that establishes target costs and formability for sheet metal components and their tooling. It provides users with a fast and accurate method for creating and documenting process plans, verifying formability, developing blank shapes and coil nests, and for identifying product and process design changes that lead to substantial cost reductions.
The process plan is based on part features such as flanges, holes, trimming and trim sections. It describes the processing sequence and the detailed actions in each operation. Processing rules are used to automatically derive an initial plan and fast intuitive tools enable process customization and optimization. The validation engine ensures that process actions and sequence conform to physical, mechanical, and processing rules. The advanced capabilities make it ideally suited to product and process engineers, as well as purchasers, planners, estimators and account managers.
- Establishes target cost for piece price and tooling with a detailed process plan for quoting
- Generates images to detail die actions in each operation
- Results in increased accuracy and enables a faster quoting process
- Scientific physics-based approach to process planning validated by OEMs and Tier 1 suppliers worldwide
- Calculates press requirements such as tonnage, bed size, shut height, energy, and selects appropriate press
- Consistent and repeatable method for estimating tooling costs with detailed reports that connect to any system