TRIM LINE DEVELOPMENT
CATIA V5/V6 TRIM LINE DEVELOPMENT combines the power of FTI’s Coupled Hybrid Inverse (CHI) solver and CATIA V5/6 for development of complex hems and flanges required for Class A panels at automotive OEM and Tier 1 suppliers. Trim Line Development is designed to quickly and accurately unfold complex geometry features such as automotive hems and flanges. The advanced capabilities make it ideally suited for tooling and process engineers, as well as method planners.
TRIM LINE DEVELOPMENT (TLD) is fully integrated in CATIA V5/V6 GSD workbench, providing a fully parametric solution within a familiar environment and requiring no data translation. It provides significant time savings versus conventional methods. Trim lines for large, complex Class A panels can be laid out onto die surfaces in a few minutes with unmatched precision and accuracy. FTI’s Finite Element approach provides numerous benefits over traditional geometry-based approaches such as:
- Correctly accounting for stretch and deformation during flanging and hemming,
- Considers effects of material properties
- Accurately develops hole and other pierce locations in solution
- Unlike section based approaches, accurately captures minor details in geometry profiles
- Proven technology based on FTI’s world-class CHI solver that correctly considers bend allowance and permits the use of top, bottom or middle surface geometry without the need to offset
- Geometry mapping capability enables tracking of geometry features between final product geometry and unfolded flange geometry.